The Benefits of Using a Managed Service Provider
One thing is clear: Your business depends on the technology it uses!
What is not always clear is how to best manage your business’ technology.
A growing number of businesses of varying sizes are growing frustrated with the cost and challenges around hiring in-house IT staff and are switching to a Managed Services Provider (MSP).
Outsourcing your IT to a Managed Services Provider has several operational advantages and brings cost benefits, such as:
- Clearly defines the work of IT support in a formal written agreement.
- Clearly defines the monthly cost of supporting and maintaining your current IT infrastructure and what rate adding additional infrastructure/equipment will be at.
- Fills in for any in-house staff shortages.
- Can help insulate you from on-premises disasters.
- Includes data backup management to avert data loss.
- IT becomes scalable, with the ability to add on extra resources incrementally or temporarily.
- Reduces the problem of companies competing for scarcely qualified IT experts, driving up wages.
- Service levels and costs are not impacted by national holidays, sick days, Lost Time incidents, or vacations.
- Makes a team of highly qualified staff with unique skill sets and expertise available regardless of your physical location (great for remote work and working while traveling)
An MSP can replace a company’s IT department entirely or provide specific niche services. Moving to a Managed Services model makes cutting-edge technology and expertise available at a low, consistent monthly price.
Generation Technology Solutions was established in Edmonton, Alberta in 1999, and is a modern Managed Services Provider (MSP), providing cutting-edge solutions with old-fashioned service in IT support, business computer hardware, software, VoIP telephones, and data security.
Want to learn more?
Connect with us today!